Wapping Overground Station isn't fully accessible - despite several upgrades. We're supporting calls for lifts to be installed, so that Wapping Overground Station is accessible to all. Find out more about how you can help.
In November, RfL a subsidiary of TfL, put on-sale 3 sites in Wapping, one of which is above the platforms of Wapping station. This historic and famous station celebrates its 150th anniversary as a railway station in December 2019 and was the first ever completed river tunnel.
Despite several upgrades, the station has never been fully accessible - the original and retained stairways leading to the tunnel are Grade II listed, making improvements challenging. As an integral part of the sale and redevelopment plans for the buildings on Cinnamon Street, we are calling for lifts to be installed at the far end of each of the platforms, where they are open to the elements.
If Residents would like to support this initiative, initiated by the Turks Head Charity, then the Safer Neighbourhood Ward Panel would like to recommend that you make representations as widely as possible and to the following in particular:
- Mayor of London & Chair of TfL, Sadiq Khan: [email protected]
- MP for St Katharine & Wapping, Jim Fitzpatrick: [email protected]
- London Assembly Member for City & East London, Unmesh Desai: [email protected]
- Mayor of Tower Hamlets, John Biggs: [email protected]
- Local Councillor: Denise Jones: [email protected]
- Local Councillor: Abdal Ullah: [email protected]