Tower Hamlets Liberal Democrats are launching a social media competition for the best Liberal Democrat activist photos of potholes across Britain.
We're challenging local parties to publish photos of potholes from your summer campaigning activity on social media and compete to be selected as one of the 12 best Potholes of Britain photos of 2017.
How to enter a photo
- Publish a photo of your activists with a pothole on Twitter, Instagram or Facebook
- Add the hashtag #PotholesOfBritain to your post
- The post must either be from an official local party account or include the local party's social media account as a mention or tag
- Tower Hamlets local party must also be either mentioned or tagged in the post (here we are on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook)
- Photos must be taken and published during the competition period – reposts of earlier photos will not be accepted
- The competition will run from today (5 July 2017) until 31 August
- Tower Hamlets local party will select a longlist of the best entries
- The longlist will be published for a public vote to choose the top 12 entries
- The best 12 photos will be included in the calendar which will be revealed at the party's Autumn Conference in September
Photos will be awarded points for:
- Pothole size
- Emotional intensity of disappointment on activist faces
- Photograph artistic quality and composition
While photos of any dimensions can be submitted, landscape photos will work best for the printed calendar. The image must be of a sufficient resolution to be printed. If a low resolution image is published on Twitter, the judging panel may contact the photographer for a higher resolution version. Photos will not be included in the shortlist if the shorter side of the image is less than 1240 pixels. A short side around 2480 pixels is the preferred resolution.
Buying the calendar
We're exploring printing options at the moment. The calendar will be available to order shortly after Autumn Conference. Watch this space for further details! Proceeds from sales will be to support the Tower Hamlets local election campaign in 2018.
Good luck and happy snapping!