As you may be aware, a planning application has been submitted for King Henry’s Wharf and Phoenix Wharf and the Construction Management Plan for the development is currently open for comments. These buildings are beautiful parts of our Wapping community, and it is a shame that they been have left unused for so long. However, the plan to re-develop them will cause a great amount of disruption to traffic in Wapping.
Please look at the Construction Management Plan here, and comment by 23 March at the latest. You can email comments or concerns to [email protected]
We appreciate the need for housing across Tower Hamlets, and would love to see these beautiful areas developed. However, the disruption to our lives during this time would only be worthwhile if we see significant commitment to social/affordable housing, and an improvement to local services:
- What is the commitment to social and affordable housing in this development?
- What is the commitment to sustainable development: parking and services to support the additional number of properties?
- What will be the impact on the 100 bus service and other road transport?
- What other options have been considered, which would avoid so much disruption to Wapping High Street
- Will the Council respond to our comments with a consultation before approving this plan?
We believe in the sustainable development of good, affordable housing in Tower Hamlets. But we should not accept major disruption to Wapping residents without sufficient local benefit.